Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Support Group

A few months ago I was surfing the net looking for some info on the rumour I had heard about TBL Asia. That is how I stumbled upon DM's blog (www.dailymuscle.com). So many people were leaving comments on his post about TBL Asia and I was amazed to see how many people there are in Malaysia having the same feelings I have and struggling with weight issues. Even more amazing was the fact that there are a lot of people even bigger than I am! That really surprised me because I didn't think that we have such big people (above 260 - 300 pounds). I thought that was more in America. Boy was I wrong!

Anyway, looking at all the comments, I realised that all of us need the support of people in similar situations; because frankly all you slim people out there who have never been fat before, you cannot understand how we feel. Try as you may, you will never understand what goes through our minds and hearts unless you have been one of us.

So I suggested forming a support group. The response was good and even better, DM jumped on the wagon and offered to help us out for free. That was pretty cool of him!

Sadly though, our first 2 meetings didn't go as planned. The 1st meeting, only myself and DM made it. The 2nd meeting, only Zana and I made it! It is tough having a support group when everyone doesn't seem to be able to make it. I do understand that everyone is busy; but as a group we really need to make the effort to meet up and support each other.

I guess people are just not yet used to the idea of a support group as there has never been one in Malaysia before. But we are at the infancy stage and I am sure that everyone will get the hang of it soon and start participating more actively.

So, here is a Shout Out to the other big ones out there. Anyone interested to join a weight loss support group where we can meet up and share experiences and struggles and help each other???? Do drop me a comment here with your email address and I will be in touch.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment