Monday, October 19, 2009

How to diet when celebrating?

I am still struggling with this one.

The past two weeks has seen me going for weddings, a friends birthday celebration and Deepavali open houses. I didn't watch what I ate or drank, so with all the good food and alcoholic drinks, my diet basically went down the drain.

How does one stick to dieting when we have so many occasions to celebrate? It's not impossible that's for sure - hundreds and thousands of people do it everyday.. I just have not been able to do it yet.

I guess for me, it all boils down to the fact that I still have not come to the root of the issue and dealt with it. So every time I am near good food and drinks, all thoughts of dieting go out the window and I indulge.

I am a glutton - pure and simple.

So how do I fix myself? How does any of us fix ourselves?

I guess we need to ask ourselves some questions and then really sit down and analyse and come to a solution :
a. Why do I love food and find it hard to resist?
b. What is making me such a glutton? Why do I eat even when I am not hungry?
c. What do I really want? Do I want to be slim? Do I want to be healthy?
d. If yes, then what do I think is the reason that I keep failing?

What other questions can we ask ourselves?

No comments:

Post a Comment