Saturday, October 24, 2009

Bootcamp

Today was one of the hardest OBC sessions I have been through!! Basically we were divided into 2 groups and as a team we had to pick up a whole lot of items ranging from sandbags, bag-packs weighed down with I dont know what, a stretcher with sandbags, tyres and ropes. We picked them up one by one ran to the other end, ran back, picked up the next item and kept on until we had picked up everything. Then we had to do that again but now we dropped off the items one by one. I think we probably ran up and down 10 times each maybe? I can't remember.

I wasnt even through 1/4 of the race and I already wanted to drop out. I had a stitch in my side, my legs were aching, I couldn't breathe properly! But then the whole team rallied around me. They jogged alongside me, encouraging me, motivating me, some of the girls helped give me a push from behind, or took my hand and pulled me so that I ran with them.

I didn't think I would make it through the session but I did - because of the whole team! Seriously.... And i am glad that I stuck through it. And this is one of the main reasons why I love OBC. I have never in my life and in all my struggles with exercise and my weight ever had this kind of support and encouragement and its fantastic! And I keep getting pushed beyond the limits that i SET for myself and realise that I can keep going a lot more than I thought I could.

OBC members ROCK!

HOOYAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment