Tuesday, October 6, 2009

OBC

I went for my first OBC session today after more than 2 months. Yup, its just as gruelling and torturous as before! Today was Fitness Assessment Day.

For the first assessment, we have to run 2 laps of 200 metres each, come back to our partner, do 15 push ups, 10 grunts (i did 15 squats instead due to my back) and 15 military sit ups. And then we have to repeat the whole set another 2 times! My time to complete all 3 sets - 16 minutes and 32 seconds. This being because Ms Unfit Me couldnt run or jog all rounds. So i walked half the time!

The 2nd part of the assessment was to the 1 mile run while is basically 8 laps of 200 metres each. They allowed us a maximum of 15 minutes to complete. I was wiped out at this point so I walked for most of the laps. As such I only managed to complete 8 laps in that 15 minutes. Bummer! It was kind of embarrassing seeing everyone else finish in much shorter times but its ok, cause I am going to work on better times for the next fitness assessment in one month.

The group was huge today! We had sooo many new recruits. I think there were about 60 of us in total! That is going to be one big group to handle. I foresee a lot of penalty grunts happening! Sheesh!

I'm glad I went back to OBC. Now to make sure that I stick it out, maximise my time there and make things happen.

HOOYAH!

3 comments:

suanie said...

hello! so you are Michelle, Ruk etc always talk about you :D In a good way of course, that they missed you at bootcamp!

Well, see you Thurs if you are still on for the 7am session :)

Michelle Sebastian said...

hey Suanie... yup i am! Yes I am definitely on. See you tomorrow!

Raine said...

Keep it up! Don't give up and Persevere on!!..

Hooyah!

Post a Comment