Sunday, August 9, 2009

Kickboxing

I started taking up kickboxing classes a couple of months ago. This was before I started OBC.

I kick box at the Jak Othmans Kickboxing Studio at SS15 in Subang Jaya. Why did I join? Well the womens' gym that I had gone too for a couple of months hardly had any business and it was getting a bit boring so I wanted to try something new.

Kickboxing is fun. It is tough but definitely not as tough as OBC. And we get more breaks in between! I enjoy it because besides getting exercise, I get to let out stress. I just love punching the focus pads after a hard day at work.

I try to go at least twice a week; but lately I have only been going once a week. Each class is an hour. We start with warmups and stretches and then we usually get to punching exercises using gloves and focus pads and we do the various kicking stances. It is a lot of fun.

We also do sit ups, leg ups and back extension exercises. I am still struggling with the leg ups. Because of my super sized body, I find it hard to lift my legs up so I still have not been able to do this properly or even to do more than 15! The sit ups are ok but I stop in between. As for the back extension exercises, my hubby has a nice laugh at me everytime I do it because I lift my shoulders and upper body off the floor but I can't lift my boobs off the floor! Bloody bags are huge and heavy! Girls out there, big boobs are not all that great!

So anyways, that's my experience kickboxing. I just need to keep myself disciplined to keep going for classes.

Reading my posts, you might wonder, I am kickboxing and doing OBC so why haven't I lost weight???!! Simple, I am still eating rubbish and eating a lot. That is something that I am struggling to get control off.

I'll keep you updated on that..

Cheers

1 comment:

Raine said...

Don't get discourage! You know you'll get there because of all the changes you've made. Looking forward for more good news from you!

Post a Comment