Monday, August 10, 2009

A Shocking Jolt back to Reality

I have to be honest. I ate and drank a lot of rubbish over the weekend. That includes fast food, alcohol, more fast food, and a lot of sweet stuff. I totally let go this weekend.

Yesterday evening I started to develop a headache. It started as a light throbbing and continued to increase in intensity and pain. By the end of the night, I felt sick and my head was pounding.

I thought it was just wind inside my body so I got my husband to massage my head, which helped a bit. I took a Panadol soluble at about 9pm. It didn't make much difference.

I went to bed at about 11.30pm. I felt lousy. I couldn't sleep the whole night because of the pain. At about 2am in the morning, I took 2 Panadol Actifast.

I woke up at 7am this morning. I had a shower and washed my hair. I felt better then. At work, I started to feel lousy again. No headache but I just felt lousy all over and my stomach felt funny.

I decided to go check my glucose level. The pharmacist used 3 different machines to check. One gave a normal reading, and the other two gave a high reading. He checked again, and the other 2 machines (which are the latest in the market) again came back with high readings.

That was a shock to my system. I freaked out. The pharmacists asked me to come back again in the evening. I was worrying the whole time. I had a bun after and for lunch I had chappati with some fish and veges and I just drank water.

I went for another test at 4pm. This time my reading was much lower than the mornings reading. It wasn't good - because it is still higher than it should be, but it is much better than morning.

This is a real wake up call for me not to mess around. I am 29 years old. Both my parents are diabetics and my dad has heart problems. I am not a diabetic - at least not yet. The path I am now on is leading me to self destruction.

I need to get off this track and I need to do it now.

Will someone help me please?!

3 comments:

adavi said...

Please be careful. Dont go to extremes either. You can achieve what you want and be an inspiration to others.

Sydney said...

I know this sounds cheesy but you can do absolutely ANYTHING if you put your mind to it.

Armand said...

Geets, lets rock it. We can do it. All together now.

Post a Comment