Thursday, August 6, 2009

Original Bootcamp



I first heard about OB through a friend Ben. His friend is one of the people to bring this franchise over to Malaysia. I read up about OB and was instantly interested. The only set back was that it was from 5.45am to 6.45am in the mornings! That put me off at first but as I am desperate to lose weight, I decided to sign up for the 1 week free trial that they were offering. I forced my hubby to join me for this.

Waking up at 5am was tough! But the experience during the trial week was both horribly torturous and exhilarating at the same time. I was pushed beyond what I could ever push myself to do and it felt good. Of course, during the course of the one hour session, I would wonder why the hell i was putting myself through it!

After the trial, I decided to register for the 1 month course. I decided to sign up for the 7am session. The first session was a fitness assessment in order for the instructors to identify our fitness levels and to divide us accordingly. I am of course in the lowest team; ie the Rangers. I finished the assessment in 20 minutes and 49 seconds; which was one of the worst :-(

Anyway, this is the 4th week since I joined OB. I do feel a bit better (I can now walk up the 3 floors to my in laws flat without hyperventilating when I reach the top floor!) but the improvements are slow. I have not loss any weight (this is my fault as I have not been controlling my food!) and I feel useless most times at bootcamp because I have older women doing better than me! It is embarrassing to be the last in line and also the person who cant keep up and keeps stopping or slowing down. I still am struggling with the jogging and running and the push ups. But I am not giving up. I don't want to have regrets and I am determined to push through.

This Saturday would be the last session for the month and next Tuesday (which coincidentally is my wedding anniversary) will be the 1st session of the next course which means we will be doing the fitness assessment again. I hope that I manage to finish it in less time than when I first started. It would be a nice anniversary present for me :-).

OB is great for fitness. And I know with consistency, I will improve, surely but surely. A big thank you to the instructors for their motivation, push and effort to get us into shape!

If you want more info on Original Bootcamp, visit their website at www.bootcamp.com.my!

1 comment:

Sydney said...

Wow congrats! I don't have the guts to join a group exercise like bootcamp yet. I know how you feel. Used to be left behind in the Fit Chicks group. Hated it. I gave up after 3 weeks. Don't be like me. Just continue.

Post a Comment