Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Back to work

It was nice to be back to work yesterday after a 2 week absense. I must sound crazy but then if you are stuck at home, unable to do much, you would feel the same way too!

I missed quite a few people at the office, so it was nice to see them again. And nice to be out of the house and doing something fruitful at work.

I got a couple of belated birthday presents from a few people at the office. A notebook and a bottle of lotion from Marks & Spencers. Other than that, yesterday was very normal; filled with meetings and other preparations for next year.

On another note, I read with great interest a few articles related to "cheating" on a diet. This has been made popular by Joel Mason and has been endorsed by quite a few health professionals as well as other personal trainers.

Basically, what it says is that when you diet, your metabolism tends to slow down because it senses the reduction in calorie intake so it starts to save energy. So, to counter this, you should have "cheat" days in between the diet period so as to trick your body into believing that you are not starving it so that it maintains it metabolism at a proper level. Cheating would be to enjoy the foods that you like for that day.

This actually helps one to stay on a diet because you don't feel deprived as you can look forward to that one day of enjoying your favourite food. And you don't beat yourself when you cheat because you are technically not spoiling the diet!! How nice!! :-)

So I am going to try that out. I had my cheat day yesterday. Ate pretty well for breakfast and lunch. For breakfast I had Low fat Milk and drank Green tea until lunch. For lunch, I had tofu, chicken, vege and ikan bilis (no rice). And for dinner, I enjoyed steamboat! I go back on my 5 day diet today.

Let's see how this works out for me

No comments:

Post a Comment