Friday, November 20, 2009

Counting down the days


Christmas is coming! As usual I am super excited. Nothing like Christmas to bring the child in us right out, isn't it?

My family (meaning extended family) will be doing Secret Santa again this year; which means instead of every family buying presents for every other person in the family, we each pick a name and buy one present. Which is a big relief on our wallets since we have more than 30+ people celebrating Christmas together! (Although I do miss shopping for endless presents and opening many of mine as well:-) )

This year however, would be the first year in my life that we would not be spending Christmas with the entire family. This year, the 6 of us (which means hubby, mom, Rayna, Shayna and KP) will be celebrating Christmas at the Portuguese Settlement in Malacca. We of course wanted the whole extended family to come along as well (time for a change of venue) but unfortunately, too many problems so its going to be just the 6 of us.

It's going to be weird not having everyone around, and not having the usual David/Sebastian/Naidu/Saini unharmonised Christmas carolling, hearing Uncle Anthony's words of wisdom, eating, laughing, playing games and then counting down, hugging and kissing and jumping in to open up the presents. I am going to miss that.

But I feel that while we maintain old traditions, I would like to add in some new traditions; traditions that I will be sharing with my kids someday (when I have them, that is). So it is going to be an exciting time; and from what I have heard from many people, Christmas eve at the Portuguese Settlement is great and the Spirit of Christmas is so alive in the air. So its going to be an interesting experience.

What is everyone else doing for Christmas??

Only 35 days left till Christmas!!

WOO HOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment