Thursday, November 12, 2009

Reflections on Turning 30

Happy Birthday to Me!!

I turn 30 today. Looking back on my life, I ask myself : what have I accomplished in my 20s? What special or significant things have I done in my 20s that make the transition to the 30s easier on me?

Honestly, I would have to say Nothing. I had set out to do so many things before I turned 30 but unfortunately, due to laziness and procrastination and fear, I didn't.

Turning 30 was something nagging on my mind the whole year. I didn't want to turn 30. I don't want my skin to start looking old, I don't want to start seeing wrinkles, and having more aches and pains (though I have had a fair share of those these past few years), I don't want children to call me Aunty or others to call me Madam.

I want to stay youthful, feel youthful and be youthful.

But I know that I can have all the above. Its mental and physical. And that's why the weight loss is so important.

Even when I was in my 20s I felt like I was in my 60s (and that was what the weight counsellor told me my body age is!!). So in order to feel like a 20 something, I have to lose 35kgs, build up my stamina and endurance, get my health back in order and train my mind. And then I need to accomplish all that I wanted to do but haven't done.

So here is being 30 and starting a new chapter of my life and making changes for the better.

Cheers!

4 comments:

Armand said...

Happy birthday Geets. Don't undersell you're achievements! You're much loved, married, successful and have a family who's v. proud of you.

Armand said...

Oops, *your. Sorry, early morning here.

Michelle Sebastian said...

thanks armand!

Sydney said...

Happy belated birthday!
I'm 29 and my body age is 52. It is so not cool. We will get it down no matter how long it takes. Best of luck!

Post a Comment